OSS Scholarship Program
The Scholarship Program provides financial assistance for OSS Clients or household members who are enrolled, or continuing, in education.
Scholarships are valued at up to $1,500 for a year and are available to:
- Primary school children
- High school children
- Adults engaging in vocational education and training (VET); and
- Adults attending university
The scholarship may be used to purchase equipment such as a laptop computer, Microsoft Office software package and associated equipment. Excursions, sport or special education private tuition, text books, workbooks, stationery, specialist equipment or materials (directly related to your course).
Who can apply?
Applicants must be:
- OSS client living in crisis accommodation, transitional housing
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Not earning an income higher than the NSW social housing eligibility limits (if earning an income).
- Currently studying, or enrolled to study, in formal education or training.
How to apply?
Contact the office 1800 353 199 for an application form. Complete and return.
Applications are assessed by the CEO and senior staff.
All applicants will be notified in writing about the outcome of their application.
If you have previously been awarded the OSS scholarship cannot apply for a second time.
Foodbank - is Australia’s largest food relief organisation, operating to support the work of the front line charities who are feeding vulnerable Australians.
Oz Harvest - is Australia's leading food rescue organisation, collecting quality excess food from commercial outlets and delivering it directly to charities supporting people in need.
Rapid Response Food Parcels – Provides food support parcels