Who we are
Orana Support Services has been providing emergency accommodation and Specialist Homelessness service since 2014. Prior to this, the organisations which merged into OSS had been doing so for some decades.
Orana Support Service is the Specialist Homeless Service in Dubbo, Wellington and Narromine. Supporting Adults and families and children who are experiencing, or are at risk of, homelessness. Our role is to work with clients to help them secure permanent long term accommodation, assisting with transport to and from private rental inspections and offering support with completing private rental applications. We work closely with local real estates and housing providers.
We provide a Trauma Informed Case Management model with a Holistic Case management approach. Our role is to work with client to address their issues and work towards eliminating barriers that may cause issues with sustaining and maintaining a tenancy.
Our team are multi skilled and qualified personnel client focused, trauma informed, collaborative, respectful and inclusive of diversity. We are particularly conscious about lived cultural awareness – especially for local Aboriginal culture and rural towns.
OSS is funded by Family and Community Services.
- Case management and coordination
- Outreach support to Narromine and Wellington
- Advocacy and liaison on behalf of clients
- Tenancy support
- Crisis and transitional accommodation
- Immediate interventions to support clients who are experiencing domestic and family Violence
- Early intervention
- Men’s refuge
- Women’s refuge
- Boarding house
- Transitional housing
- Domestic and family violence support
- Multicultural services
- Men’s support group
Who can access the service
- Adults and families at risk of homelessness. Early intervention clients will be identified and supported in their existing housing or to secure housing.
- Adults and families who are re-housed after an episode of homelessness
- Adults and families experiencing homelessness
- Adults and families in crisis
CONTACT US ON 1800 353 199 OR 24 HOUR ON CALL 0447 232 060