Accommodation for women & children (males must be under 14).
Dubbo Women's Refuge offers crisis accommodation for single women, and women with children (boys must be 14 years of age or under) who are escaping Domestic Violence or experiencing homelessness. Clients are able to reside at the Refuge for a period of up to 3 months with a cost of $25 per day - for single women. There is additional charge of $20 per week, per child. This cost includes rent, electricity and all meals are provided.
What support is provided while staying at the refuge?
While recent at the Refuge, Orana Support Service offers a holistic person centred case management approach with a focus on the clients needs and wants. This support may include:
- Referrals to appropriate services such as Domestic Violence Counselling, Mental Health, and parenting program etc.
- Advocacy on behalf of the client to access appropriate relevant and specialised services.
- Transport to Medical/Centrelink/Housing appointments.
- Housing support and transport to private rental inspections.
- Case conferencing with other relevant services to achieve best outcomes for the client or family.
- Assisting and supporting client to gain identification.
- Assertive outreach to clients that have found long term accommodation.