Short term accommodation for adult males (18+ only).
Sturt House provides Crisis Accommodation for single men over the age of 18. Clients are able to reside here for a period of up to 3 months for a cost of $25 per day. This cost includes rent, electricity and all meals provided.
What Support is provided to clients at Sturt House?
Orana Support Service supports clients from a holistic person centred case management approach with a focus on what the clients wants and needs are. This may include:
- Referrals to appropriate services which specialise in Mental Health/Drug and Alcohol support. Clients are helped to gain and maintain a positive lifestyle with appropriate supports in place if the need arises.
- Assisting and supporting clients gain identification.
- Assist in transporting clients to medical/centrelink/housing appointments if required.
- Case Conferencing with other services for best outcomes.
- Housing support and transport to private rental inspections.
- Assisting clients to manage their parole conditions and other legal obligations that clients may be involved in.
- Assertive outreach to clients that have secured long term accommodation.